Microsoft Office Forums

Go Back   Microsoft Office Forums > >

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2005, 11:20 AM
stevecarr stevecarr is offline
Documents saved to wrong folder
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2
Default Documents saved to wrong folder


All I am trying to do is save a document to a particular folder. This works fine 90% of the time but the other 10% the file is saved somewhere else.

Usually in My Documents folder but not always !

Am I doing the right thing by first calling ChangeFileOpenDirectory then calling Save. Is there any way I can check which folder it is about to save to.

Code snippet:

Word.ChangeFileOpenDirectory "C:\Titanium Server\Documents"


This is really bugging me now. Any help would be really appreciated.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:32 AM
OTPM OTPM is offline Documents saved to wrong folder Windows 7 32bit Documents saved to wrong folder Office 2010 32bit
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 981
OTPM is on a distinguished road

The first line of your code looks okay. However I would use this for the second line of your code:


Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making many documents one shikaku Word 0 04-07-2008 07:12 AM
Some Word documents open slower than others Mosaic Word 1 09-21-2007 02:53 PM
Documents saved to wrong folder Documents Take 5 Minutes To Open Farrar Word 1 07-23-2007 02:54 PM
Documents saved to wrong folder Mail Times Wrong bshow Outlook 1 01-17-2007 02:45 PM
Prinitng documents issue help? mikehende Office 0 11-29-2006 05:48 AM

Other Forums: Access Forums

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. is not affiliated with Microsoft