View Single Post

Old 09-06-2010, 07:31 PM
e_a_g_l_e_p_i e_a_g_l_e_p_i is offline Windows XP Office 2010 (Version 14.0)
Novice

e_a_g_l_e_p_i is on a distinguished road
Default Need advice on configuring Outlook 2010

Hello everyone I am new here,

Today I made the decision to buy Office 2010 Home & Business version because mylast Office version was 2000 and I only used word and excel and not Outlook.

I'm a home user with a small Internet business so I have always used Outlook Express but now that is outdated and I do not like the new Windows Live Mail, so I made the investent into Office 2010 Home & Business.

I plan to use Outlook 2010 as my mail client and I know I have a lot to learn. I guess my first question is,

I will not ever need to use the Outlook features that a business would use like setting meetings, conversations ect. I know I have a overkill mail client now but I wanted something that would be current and something that would be able to keep up with updates, I doubt Microsoft will give up on Outlook like they did on OE.

The default configuration is very cluttered for me as I am use to using Outlook Express.

How best can I configure Outlook 2010 to look the closest to Outlook Express as possible, ie. I never used the preview pane, I perfer to open the emails.

I guess this is enough for now and I am sure I will have more questions but I hope someone can get me started

Thanks in advance
Ron