View Single Post

Old 05-06-2016, 12:46 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 8 Office 2013

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
I use multi-page contracts that contain a large amount of boilerplate text. However, there are places where names, addresses, reference numbers, etc. need to be inserted. Is there a way where I can create a "form" with all of the input data, then with some mail merge-style facility have my contract automatically populate with all of the appropriate data? I am sure there is a tutorial out there, but I just don't know how to articulate my question appropriately.
I do use Mail Merge for this. Essentially it is a DIY case management system. I keep the data for many (similar) cases in an Excel spreadsheet. I use that as the data source. I merge standard documents with a single case record to form a draft document for filing with the court. In many, but not all, situations, the draft is the final document. In others it is fine-tuned to the situation.

I do not, but probably should, use a UserForm in Excel to populate the data rows.