Thread: [Solved] Reporting Help
View Single Post

Old 05-03-2016, 08:31 AM
ImRubbishatThis ImRubbishatThis is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Novice

ImRubbishatThis is on a distinguished road
Default Reporting Help

I have a difficult problem I need help with. The example below has been completely made up because the true detail is commercially sensitive, so bare with me. There might be holes in the example, but please don't pick it to pieces!

Let's assume we need to roll out new radios into different makes of car, and this will be done by engine type (OK, I know that the type of engine doesn't make a jot of difference to the radio...). Let's also assume this only applies to cars that have already been manufactured, i.e. this is a retro-fit. So we have:

1) Petrol
A) VW Group:
(i) VW: Week 1: 5 cars, week 2: 5 cars, week 3: 3 cars
(ii) Skoda: Week 1: 4 cars, week 2: 4 cars, week 3: 3 cars
(iii) Audi: Week 1: 5 cars, week 2: 3 cars, week 3: 3 cars
B) Ford: Week 1: 2 cars, week 2: 2 cars, week 3: 1 car

1) Diesel
A) Mercedes: Week 1: 6 cars, week 2: 5 cars, week 3: 4 car

Resources aren't an issue because all car manufacturers have their own dedicated resources who will be available.

I have set all this up in project, and can see all this on a gantt chart with no issue. The problem is the reporting I've been asked to create, which is:

a) Show forecast by month, engine type and manufacturer (Presumably VW Group would also need to be shown as a whole and individually).
b) Show total by manufacturer
c) Show total by engine type
d) Show a breakdown by individual weeks.
e) I must also be able to compare actual with forecast for each.

I've been using Project for a couple of weeks and have managed to learn quite a lot, but this is well beyond what I am capable of at the moment. Is anyone able to help? I have a background in Access VBA, so I'm not averse to using VBA should it be needed, but some help would be gratefully received.