Thread: [Solved] SaveAs problem
View Single Post

Old 05-02-2016, 02:26 PM
SixSigmaGuy SixSigmaGuy is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

SixSigmaGuy is on a distinguished road

I moved my docm file to another computer, that has Office 2013, and had the same problem. Makes me think this is by design, but I don't understand why? If so, does anyone have a workaround? I need to open thousands of documents, one at a time, do some processing on them, and save them back to a different location, but I can't have it prompt me to do a saveas for each file. Note, too, that the saveas dialog always defaults to the folder I opened the document from, rather than the path I specified in the SaveAs2 parameters. The example above goes to the same folder for simplicity sake, but my actual requirement is to save to a different folder. Thus, not only do I have to click the ok button for every file, I also have to navigate to the correct folder.

Something else I didn't mention before. After I manually save to the new location using the saveas dialog, the save completes, but my program crashes with a "Run-time error '4198': Command Failed" error and my code never closes the document.