View Single Post

Old 04-21-2016, 12:16 PM
EricL28 EricL28 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

EricL28 is on a distinguished road
Default Only request meeting responses from specified people

We're trying to eliminate unnecessary tasks & distractions in the office, and we wanted to simplify all of the meeting request emails, and the responses we get in return. I know how to create a custom meeting request form which has "Request Responses" turned off by default. However, I'd like to know if there's a way to make it so that the invitation only requests a response from certain people (management), but is automatically accepted by everybody else without sending/requiring a response. This way, we're not seeing that 10 emails come through saying that everybody accepted the invitation; we just need to know if management approves/declines.

E.g. Tom, Jill, and Dan are management, while Sarah, Jamie, Jon, and myself are all ordinary staff members. When I send a meeting invitation, responses are only requested from Tom, Jill, and Dan. Sarah, Jamie, and Jon have their accounts set to automatically accept my invitation, and won't send me any form of response.

Does anybody know if this is possible? Our office is going to be upgrading system-wide to Office 13 within about a month, so the solution would need to be with Outlook 13. If at all possible, we'd like to avoid using macros to accomplish this setup.

Thanks for your help!