View Single Post

Old 04-15-2016, 08:34 AM
JennEx JennEx is offline Windows XP Office 2013
Competent Performer

JennEx is on a distinguished road

So, it appears as though I may have things resolved. I won't say I'm overly confident, it seems too good to be true. It has been one of the most challenging, inconsistent and unpredictable challenges I've ever faced in the Microsoft Office World.

No sense in rehashing all the odd problems encountered. I am in know way a pro, so I can only suspect all problems encountered with this report (and perhaps in other problems with other reports), had something to do with the tables that formed the structure of my report.

Applying all my merge fields, rules and formula to a basic document (no tables etc), all fields populated with the data as expected. There was nothing erroneous with the data, the mergefields, rules or formulas.

After rebuilding my report with the tables, and copying and pasting the merge components from the basic document to their respective places in the table, everything seems to be populating as expected.

What confused me, and still confuses me to an extend (I'm just happy it works but it makes me fear that the success may be short lived) is that during all my testing up to today, I was getting different results between my school and home computers. WIth this latest development, my time formatting is being accepted in it's basic, unprocessed form, something that earlier, required complex formula to ensure proper presentation. These appear to no longer be issues.

I may be back!

PS ... Paul, thank you for your message! I was unable to reply back.