View Single Post

Old 04-13-2016, 12:12 PM
TzarChasm TzarChasm is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

TzarChasm is on a distinguished road
Default Is there a way to anchor drop-down content control boxes so entering text doesn't change formatting?

I've created a new form for the non-profit human services agency at which I am an intern, but it has some "glitches."

First, I'd like to protect the entire form except for all content control boxes--including the one in the header. If I select Review > Restrict Editing > Allow only this type of editing > Filling in forms, then it locks me out of the header's date box. Is there a way to make a specific exception for just that part of the header (or even the entire header) without enabling editing outside of content control boxes in the body of the document?

Second, this document uses multiple content control drop-downs and text boxes in lines, in order to track client names and certain data relevant to their treatment. It is important that the continuity between these boxes not be broken up in order to easily track the information. Unfortunately, if you enter too much text in a box the words wrap and distort the formatting by moving stuff to other lines, and so on. The whole thing becomes jumbled. Is there a way to anchor these boxes or limit the number of characters that can be entered, so that this no longer happens?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer me!

Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 04-13-2016 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Mark as solved