View Single Post

Old 04-13-2016, 05:38 AM
Elton Wolter Elton Wolter is offline Windows 10 Office 2013
Novice

Elton Wolter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBridges View Post
We'd need more detail to answer that, Elton, but let's start here: What do you mean by "a name association"? How (for example) are four particular cells in a worksheet "associated" with that worksheet's name?

My next question might be where you said "I need to locate all worksheets in the workbook that have that name". If the first worksheet is named "Worksheet-A" (for example), then there's no point in going through the workbook to see what other worksheets are named "Worksheet-A"; only one worksheet can have that name. But one question at a time; maybe your answer to the first question will clear up the second before I ask it.
Bob,

Thanks for the reply.
In answer to your 1st paragraph.

What I mean is I have a Range of Data in Worksheet1 (A1-AT44) that I need to copy 4 cells from Worksheet2 in the Workbook to whichever cells (i.e. AK16, AN16, AQ16 and AT16; AK20, AN20, AQ20 and At20; etc) based on name association of (John Doe) that is in both Worksheets.
I would have to associate Worksheet1 A16 (Unique Name) and it's "Range to Copy" cells (AK16, AN16, AQ16 and AT16) with Worksheet2 Unique Name and then copy Worksheet1 "Range to Copy" into the the appropriate Worksheet2 cells. Then repeat that for another Unique Name.

I was thinking of just manually telling the formula to look only in 1 Worksheet for each name and copy the Worksheet2 cells into the appropriate cells of Worksheet1. I have up to 4 or 5 Worksheets, so I could just change which Worksheet it searches in.