View Single Post

Old 04-11-2016, 04:42 PM
JennEx JennEx is offline Windows XP Office 2013
Competent Performer

JennEx is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul,

Happy to see your help!

While I don't doubt your advice, what I fail to understand is why my formula works in one field, I copy it to another, change the field names accordingly and get different results? ie ... look at the two formula in TS2 and TS4. Other than the r2 / r4 they are identical. Neither of them have the spaces you had suggested. I've tried rewriting the formula by inserting spaces after the "=" and don't see a change.

TS2

TS4

There is one field that was inserted using Word's "Insert Mail Merge Field". Can't really screw that up, yet it's giving me a "0" instead of WPE (as per the datasource). Didn't require any editing on my part. All the others work having used the same method.

Quote:
you'd have had none of this trouble if you'd simply copy & pasted the field codes I gave you, then merely changed the mergefield names
This is the first time you have seen this report with these fields I'm having trouble with. You had provided me me great assistance with another report in dealing with time fields. You will notice that I'm not having issues with those fields. I copied and pasted your time fields and merely changed the the references. These fields I'm having problems with now ... this is the first I've shared these particular fields with you.

I've applied the data source and SQL to your report and regrettably I see no difference. Here is what I'm seeing. (this is your report) The red is still indicating where the wrong information is presented. This shows in both the preview and final document.

The two red checkboxes should have the X in them. The rule is if = "REL" then box is of the checked type. Both fields in the datasource = "REL"

Confused. I'm not sure I'm grasping what you're sharing.