View Single Post

Old 04-07-2016, 07:31 PM
JennEx JennEx is offline Windows XP Office 2013
Competent Performer

JennEx is on a distinguished road

OK ... I had no problem adapting your report to accomodate my times for lights on and lights off.

There are a couple things though ...

1) There are records for which there are no light on and off times. In the source data these cells are blank. The merge document merges these values into the output document as 12:00AM, which is incorrect, while also resulting in a calculation error. What can be done Paul to perhaps put "NA" in these fields when the merge document encounters an empty cell in the data rather than leaving an error and a default incorrect time?

2) Below is an image from the output document. Highlighted is the faulty lights ON and lights OFF times (would prefer NA or blank rather than a wrong value). It also shows the footer. I can't seem to get the Page {Page} of {NUMPAGES} to populate. There are also three blank boxes which should be populated with data ... E2_name, E2_Start and E2_End respectively. The times formatted as the cell above them. But for the life of me, I can't find these cells to access them in the merge report to edit them. Even when I toggle all the fields to minimize the field codes I can't find them.