View Single Post

Old 08-30-2010, 03:51 AM
Firefox1701 Firefox1701 is offline Windows 7 Office 2007
Advanced Beginner

Firefox1701 is on a distinguished road
Default The old chestnut - 'Enter Network Password'

I know this has been a massive problem for many users, and I haven't so far come across a solution (out of the many suggested) that has worked for me. I'm using Outlook 2007 with Windows 7, both recently installed, although I did use to have this problem with Outlook Express as well. I have a number of e-mail accounts, all of which I administer through Outlook. Several, though not all, of these are Hotmail accounts, one is an '@msn.com' account, and the others are related to my own website. Periodically, with no discernible pattern, the 'Enter Network Password' dialogue box will appear for any given account. You can save the password : it makes no difference. You can not save the password : it makes no difference. You can press 'escape' : it makes no difference. I've tried deleting every single account and setting them up again from scratch; I've tried re-formatting the entire drive and re-installing Windows 7 again from scratch; I've tried, as I say, several suggestions culled from other forums, none of which have so far solved the problem. I can list those suggestions here if called upon to do so, but it would take up quite a lot of space and I didn't want to do that if it isn't necessary.

If anyone has any ideas about this I would welcome them - ideally ideas which don't involve messing with the registry, as I'm really not comfortable with that, but any ideas would be welcome as it's driving me mad. The dialogue box in question has popped up twice whilst I've been typing this post, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything - it can appear in the middle of any other programme at any time. It hasn't actually stopped me from getting e-mails - but with something like ten e-mail accounts, it's getting really annoying!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Enter Network Password.JPG (30.9 KB, 21 views)