View Single Post

Old 04-07-2016, 05:53 AM
JennEx JennEx is offline Windows XP Office 2013
Competent Performer

JennEx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
When you're getting the decimal displays, are these in the mailmerge main document when previewing the merge, or in the output document after the merge has executed? The behaviour I see is that the previews display the decimals but the merged output displays the formatted times.
Both. The top image in post #35 is taken from the output document. The decimals appear in both preview of the merge document and the final merge document.

Quote:
Something else you need to consider concerns your headers & footers. With the code in post #30, the process of removing the Section breaks also means you lose all the headers & footers except for the first one. However, when I look at the Letter merge output, I see that the pages have different headers & footers. If you want each table to have it's own header & footer, you'll need to either:
• retain the Letter merge; or
• move the page header & footer into the body of the mailmerge main document so they become the table header/footer.
Yes. Ideally the header and footer should be on each page of the output document. The headers and footers differ amongst the different reports, but shouldn't between pages. If they do, then it looks like I have more work. I've tried to size my table so that I could fit two records on an 81/2 x 11 page with the header and footer (doesn't quite work with the decimals tho)

Initially I had the "header" and "footer" tables part of the main directory type report, but turned to experimenting with actual headers and footers looking for ease of use. Looks like I will have to revert back to the original plan.

But thats a challenge for another day.