View Single Post

Old 04-03-2016, 11:32 AM
gmeddles gmeddles is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

gmeddles is on a distinguished road
Angry Can not delete unwanted email contacts

I have an outlook email account, and found out that I have over 35 unwanted email contacts. These contacts show up on the auto-complete drop down window, but none of them are on my contacts list. I have tried practically everything I can find on the internet for deleting unwanted contacts and nothing seems to help.
Typing in the unwanted contact and moving to highlight it with the up/down arrows before hitting the delete button , for instance, doesn't work. Also, as mentioned in some helpful sites, the delete "x" doesn't show when highlighting the unwanted contact.
I think my email password may have been hacked recently and I changed it, hoping no more of these contacts would show up, plus wanting to get rid of stupid emails going out from my desktop that I wasn't aware of.
The hacking may have been part or all of the problem, but again, don't know how to fix the unwanted contacts problem. Doesn't help a whole lot being somewhat computer illiterate.
I have a Windows 7 operating sstem, MSN for a home page & easy access to Outlook.com email system.

Would greatly appreciate any help someone can give me.
Thanks in advance !