View Single Post

Old 03-27-2016, 04:41 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 8 Office 2013

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by otuatail View Post
Thanks. Can I make this a template default as I would have to do this over 80 times on a very long document.
If the same Style is used for each of these bullet points, yes, you can modify the paragraph Style. I am capitalizing Style to emphasize that this is a Word feature rather than simply meaning how things look.
Understanding Styles in Microsoft Word

You are undertaking a major project using Word. Word is not a typewriter. By not having a good understanding of how this deceptively complex program works you are getting it to fight you rather than help you. Spending a few hours learning Word will save you days of tearing your hair out.

Basic Concepts of Microsoft Word - from Shauna Kelly

And finally, on numbering, it wouldn't hurt to look at How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in Ribbon Versions of Word by Shauna Kelly .

Quote:
Originally Posted by otuatail View Post
If I open word from the start menu which I have modified. This is ok BUT if I open up word document and Using the top office button thing and Select New I have a choice of Blank document or new blog. If I select new it is not the same as opening word from the start menu!
These should be the same unless you put a shortcut to a different template on your Start Menu.

I suspect that if you are going to be doing the same kind of work a lot of the time, you would want to set up one or more numbered styles in a custom screenplay template for that purpose. Templates in Microsoft Word

You could also include boilerplate formatting and parts as AutoText.
Automated Boilerplate Using Microsoft Word