View Single Post

Old 04-07-2006, 06:50 AM
Novice

Chance

Thanks for the replay!

Let me clarify the problem. This client is using a Laptop and at work he is connected to his Domain and uses Exchange server 2003 for his e-mail. At home and on the road he uses a POP 3 account that is his other e-mail provider. I know very confusing but as we all know this is what goes on in the e-mail world.

Here is what he wants. He no longer wants to use the Exchange Account. He just wants to use the POP 3 accounts only. He wants to keep the e-mail etc. from the Exchange account.

This is what I want to do. I can go into account setup and right click on the exchange account and select Delete. A warning comes up saying “this account can no be Deleted”. It also directs me to first make a new data base then delete the account.

I tested this procedure on a different Laptop just to see want happens as I do not want to loose this guy’s data and when it was completed all the e-mails were gone. Not Good.

So, can anyone suggest a better way to do this? I think exporting the data may be the way to go.

Chance