Thread: [Solved] Multiple resource assignment
View Single Post

Old 03-21-2016, 05:33 PM
Guloluseus Guloluseus is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Competent Performer

Guloluseus is on a distinguished road

Reading my last post, I should have gone for the sleep option first!
In the progs I receive, resourcing is put in as "drainage gang", "paving gang", etc.

A drainage gang (for example) consists of 1 drainage ganger, 1 drainage machine op, 1 drainage operative, 1 drainage dumper, and 1 drainage excavator. What I need to do is for every instance of "drainage gang", replace it with the 5 separate resources listed. Work done will remain the same, even though the number of resources id 5 times greater (in work hours).

The only way I can see to do this is set all activities to be time based, replace the initial resource with the detailed breakdown (filter and cut/paste) then set tasks back to work based. What I would prefer to do is be able to use either an inbuilt Project function (dont know of one yet) or if a macro or VB would do it.

The reason for this is to be able to view total resources by manpower/ plant in a visual report, as opposed to just gang numbers, as one of our main clients wants to see this. Our resourcing is bot as detailed, as its not needed at that depth.

thanks