View Single Post

Old 03-15-2016, 04:50 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Except for Outlook, Office allows multiple versions of its applications to be installed at the same time. See, for example: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/2121447. Although I currently run only Office 2010, I ran it for years alongside Office 2003 with no dramas. I have no experience with the Office 365 versions of Office 2013 & 2016 and, given their subscription model, it's possible different considerations apply with them. For example, the subscription model allows you to run either Office 2013 or 2016, not both, but that may just be because of licensing considerations and not due to compatibility issues.

Personally, I regard Office 2010 as a better product than either Office 2013 or 2016, with 2016 so far being the least desirable of the three. So, unless you need something the newer software offers, I'd suggest sticking with office 2010 for now.