View Single Post

Old 03-09-2016, 03:09 AM
Scotfan Scotfan is offline Windows XP Office XP
Novice

Scotfan is on a distinguished road
Default Date & time stamp problems in Word XP

Hi
I am a newbie, so apart from my substantive problem, I have also a technical one.
My substantive problem is that for professional reasons I maintain a sort of diary in Word/Office XP, which by now has some 400 pages. I mark the beginning and the end of each entry with both the day and time stamp, which I make respectively using the Shift, Alt, D and the Shift, Alt, T combination. This timing is very important to me. This morning, all the date and time stamps, across 400+ pages of the document have reset, on their own, to these corresponding to the time I woke up my computer from sleep. When I closed the document without saving, they still remained "updated", which is a very serious issue for me, because I now cannot relate a given entry correctly to the actual date and time. What could have gone wrong, and how to prevent a recurrence of this misbehaviour?

My technical problem is that I use several computers with different OSs and Office versions. The options available to me when completing my profile do not allow listing all of them, I am forced to select only one. This seems somewhat impractical. When I may have, at some future time, a problem with my Office 2007 or 2010, would I need to edit my profile? And I couldn't find, how to contact the Admin to ask for His or Her advice, which is, of course a part of my learning curve on this forum.