View Single Post

Old 02-26-2016, 05:55 AM
FA_abroad FA_abroad is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

FA_abroad is on a distinguished road
Default Linked graphics reset format randomly

Hi all,

I am writing a thesis in word 2010.

For the images, I am using the following method. I insert text boxes in mode "Top and bottom" and select that they donīt move with text unlocking the option "Move object with text".

Inside the text box I use field codes (INCLUDEPICTURE) to insert images. I just insert the link, not the image. In other words I select "Donīt store the image in the document" and "Preserve formatting".

After inserting the images with the explained method I modify their format: size, color, position. (And I add a caption but I suppose this is not relevant for my problem).

Most of the time things work fine but for any reason that I donīt know, sometimes all the images reset their format. Suddenly I see that they have re-sized to occupy the whole text box and they have come bank to the original color of the original linked image.

My problem is that I donīt know why or when this happens, as it looks totally random. But when it occurs I have to restore the required format myself image by image and obviously I cannot go on like this.

Does anyone knows why this is happening? Any suggestion?

Thank you very much in advance.