View Single Post

Old 02-12-2016, 08:03 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I now have an optional couple of words which will appear AFTER the parentheses, and although I know what the 2 words will be, I don't know what will be following, so I cannot use what worked above by looking for characters that are not '(' or ')'.

So, now I'm looking for the following:

'BRAND® XXL (sub brand text) EXACT TEXT' continued sentence text...

Where both 'XXL' and 'EXACT TEXT' are variable (and will always be used together; either they are both included or both excluded).

There's also another wrinkle to the problem that I just found out about, in that the first mention of each version on each page needs to be the full text. I don't believe that should be a problem as I can check each found set, and keep track of whether that version has been shortened for each page.
Coding for both these isn't especially difficult, but your specs are ambiguous. Whereas before it seemed you wanted to change only the first instance on each page, it now seems you want to leave the first instance alone - and change what? All remaining instances, or just the second instance?