Thread: [Solved] Ghost Border
View Single Post

Old 02-05-2016, 05:15 AM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
"""What you're seeing is not a border but the blanked area that corresponds to the borders in the adjoining cells. """

^I'm sorry I'm not understanding the blanked area part. The 2nd cell is blank. It's not supposed to have anything...??
It's not a white border - it's a blank space where the border would be if you had one. It's there to allow for the fact you have borders in the adjoining cells and, as such, it's the same thickness as the border would be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
"""It's only visible because of the background shading you have for the document. If it bothers you, give column 2 a bottom border than has the same colour as the background shading you have for the document."""

^Sadly you can't do this if the background is gradient, unless you can border using gradient?
AFAIK you can't apply a gradient to either a table or a border in Word 2010, so that's not an issue.

Regardless, you can't prevent the behaviour and what I have suggested is the only viable workaround you're likely to find.