View Single Post

Old 01-22-2016, 04:52 PM
littlepeaks littlepeaks is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

littlepeaks is on a distinguished road
Default Adding addresses and $ amounts to Word docs

I'm new to MS Word VBA programming -- question is for MS Word 2010 I am trying to create a Macro that opens 6 MS Word docs. I need to be able to copy and paste addresses (that may not be formatted correctly) from another document into various combinations of these 6 MS Word Documents.

Also, some of the documents, I need to be able to change dollar amounts in portions of the document.

In the main document, which needs to be sent to everybody, I created a form, which includes a text box. I want to copy the address into the text box, and when the user has the address formatted correctly, to paste it into the address area of the various Word Documents (which will be selected by through radio buttons).

Also, the user will fill in various text boxes with dollar amounts, and I want these to be pasted into the correct spots in the documents. What's the best way to do the "paste" operations? Create fields in the document, and paste into these fields, or is there a better way. I don't know how to paste into a field with VBA.

Most of the mechanics of the other things I want to do with this macro, I have figured out. I am not a professional, but I learn by doing things. TIA