View Single Post

Old 01-05-2016, 02:50 PM
gebobs gebobs is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Expert

gebobs has a spectacular aura aboutgebobs has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreality01 View Post
Column "P" is where I'm pulling unique cities out (the color of the font was changed so the user doesn't see these items as I thought it would be easier to look at the following column totals)
What is "unique city"? The unique city for "assault" is St. Cloud. What does that mean?

Quote:
Now, I'm just pondering how I get the totals on the master sheet(s) for each city for all tabs, for each incident type.
I assume there is good reason to separate the tabs. Again, consider there are probably better reasons for consolidation that may be able to account for the reasons for separation. How about combining all the data into a master data sheet with the additional field for investigator.

Furthermore, I would forgo splitting the tables further with the "case review" partitions and add another date field for when a case review is complete.

Quote:
I started doing a pivot table but so far it's not working and Excel crashed a few times when I tried it for some reason. Uggggggg.
I'm not sure pivot tables can accommodate more than one table, let alone multiple sheets of tables.

To me, it looks like you are doing contortions to make the square peg that is this person's cobbled sheet fit into the round hole that is robust Excel design. IMHO, a tear down is begging to be made.

If there's any chance you think my suggestions might work, let me know and I'll gin up something from this for you. I hesitate to proceed if there is some important reason for your partition by investigator. It will take me an hour or so to come up with the first cut. If not, I'll gladly whip something up.