View Single Post

Old 12-31-2015, 03:37 PM
inreality01 inreality01 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2013
Advanced Beginner

inreality01 is on a distinguished road
Default Complex calculation from multiple sheets to master sheet

Here is what I'm trying to accomplish.

I have an Excel document with multiple sheets (tabs).

On each sheet there are 2 columns I am concerned with.

One column is a list of INCIDENT TYPES the other column is a list of CITIES

The INCIDENT TYPES and CITIES may vary from sheet to sheet but there is definitely overlap.

The first thing I need to do I have accomplished. I created a column that finds unique values in the INCIDENT TYPES and then puts only the unique incident types in this new column. I then made another new column and I have that totaling each occurrence for each INCIDENT TYPE.

I now am going to create a Master sheet for each city. I know all the possible cities so each city will have its own sheet.

I now need to find a way to go through each original sheet, find each unique incident type for each unique city and then place that on the city's corresponding master total sheet.

So, for example, the city of Buffalo will likely be on most sheets. On each sheet there will be different incident types associated with Buffalo. I need to list all the unique incident types associated with Buffalo, for each sheet, and place them on Buffalo's master sheet. Then, I need to go total how many of each incident type there are on each sheet and put the grand total for all sheets on the master sheet for Buffalo.

I know this might be a little confusing so I will likely attach screen shots sometime next week. I wanted to get this out now though in case someone can help push me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time.