View Single Post

Old 12-10-2015, 10:28 PM
AndyS AndyS is offline Mac OS X Office for Mac 2011
Novice

AndyS is on a distinguished road

Paul,

This is starting to look do-able, though I still need some detail, so I am going to present a simplified example in the next post.

First, here, the story so far…

I followed the link you provided in a previous post, which gives a very helpful example of the use of a DATABASE field. In that example, three database queries are executed and each allocated to a table, but it only produces one letter. I need to combine the results of the query with a mailmerge.

The Microsoft article on ‘Catalog’ mail merging seems to make that connection, but WORD does not have multiple levels built in (to nest Objects, Exhibitions and Locations).

I then found your posting on “many to one” cataloging. The examples look close to what I want to achieve, but when I installed the .dotm file on my system (WORD 2011 for Mac), it did not work. I got nothing in the toolbar and WORD continued working a one level, i.e. made a whole new record for each Exhibition and Location. Is the plugin compatible with WORD for Mac? There is a Zotero.dotm in the same folder and that works OK.

From these and other postings, I see that things become clearer with an example, so I have created one in the next post: the Catalogue Mailmerge Challenge.

Andy