View Single Post

Old 11-24-2015, 01:25 PM
HochDeutsch HochDeutsch is offline Windows 8 Office 2010 64bit
Novice

HochDeutsch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Understood. I have not come across this particular issue (probably because I use styles exclusively) so I do not have an immediate solution but, I will continue to research the issue. Hopefully, another user may be able to help you out before then.
Thank you, and thank you for all your help with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom View Post
What is the setting for "Set left and first indent with tabs and backspaces"? The behavior with backspacing changes depending on whether that option is selected or not.
It is checked as "on". But I have tried switching it to "off", and then back "on" again. Neither worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
//UPDATE// I just went back and reviewed your referenced links from your initial post and found the posts within those links to be a few years old. With the latest comments of those responding to those post being from MSWord MVPs (subject matter experts...IMO) and indicating the use of the backspace key being unreliable in MSWord, I would be inclined to believe that as gospel.
Yes, I saw that too, and I was worried that that might mean there was no way to toggle the setting back on. But the MVPs' responses were vague as to whether it was impossible to turn the setting back on or just not worth it (because the setting would tend to become shut off again erratically), which is why I came here to look for further assistance.

Since users seem to have this problem very frequently, I thought it might be good to try to settle the question definitively with some more recent responses (since, as you said, some of those posts are quite old), so that when future users go searching for a fix they will see once and for all that there is none.

It's unfortunate, but it's still good to know rather than to waste time looking for a solution that does not exist.

Again, thank you for your help with this.