View Single Post

Old 11-24-2015, 11:12 AM
JimP JimP is offline Windows 10 Office 2013
Experienced User

JimP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HochDeutsch View Post
Granted. And it may be that that is what I have to do, and it may be that I would be better off for doing so. But I would at least like to confirm that before I proceed, if not for me than for the sake of posterity.

If it's true that there is no way to turn this setting back on, I at least want to be told as much.
Understood. I have not come across this particular issue (probably because I use styles exclusively) so I do not have an immediate solution but, I will continue to research the issue. Hopefully, another user may be able to help you out before then.

//UPDATE// I just went back and reviewed your referenced links from your initial post and found the posts within those links to be a few years old. With the latest comments of those responding to those post being from MSWord MVPs (subject matter experts...IMO) and indicating the use of the backspace key being unreliable in MSWord, I would be inclined to believe that as gospel. Therefore, I would suggest the use of styles as mentioned in my above post.