View Single Post

Old 10-19-2015, 08:40 AM
blar blar is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

blar is on a distinguished road
Default Mail merge at large table with variable number of rows

I have converted a dataset that is based on the the job required (and allocating a person to that) into one that will sent agreements to the individual that are grouped per person. This can be between 1 and 20 rows. The conversion also adds some detail not in the orignal data because some jobs are actually more than one job.

Attached is an image of the table I need to populate in the agreement. I have two main problems (and probably several smaller problems!):

1. To do this I have to create a table with 20 rows, each field is different as you can seen on the table, so far I haven't found a way of populating the whole table without going into each cell and adding the merge field (I'd need to do this 120 times!). Is there a way of automatically populating the full table?
2. The table has 20 rows, where the number of jobs is less than that the remaining rows are blank which is messy. Is there a way in the mail merge of only using the rows you need, or could I do it in one cell but insert lines to make it more readable.

I'm well aware that this needs to be properly automated but it has been dropped on me at the last minute and has to go in the next couple of days so any short term fixes you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: png MailMergeTable.PNG (23.4 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by blar; 10-19-2015 at 08:44 AM. Reason: reformat table