View Single Post

Old 10-16-2015, 06:28 PM
apo apo is offline Windows 8 Office 2013
Novice

apo is on a distinguished road
Default Copy selected text to another location automatically

Hi,

I would greatly appreciate your help with eliminating, using macros, an unproductive word process I currently use.

My company uses a word template to prepare our client reports. We gather data in the form of typed text (about 20 pages long in each report). This data leads to two types of insights - strengths and risks. In each report we usually come up with ~10 strengths and ~6 risks. We create a headline (a one sentence description of the strength/risk) for each strength and risk, and under each such headline, we paste selected paragraphs from the 20-pages of raw data as evidence for that particular strength or risk.

Given this context, I would love to understands how I can do the following 2 things:
  1. Create a macro to automatically tag a certain text string/paragraph as a strength or a risk (e.g., I will have around 4-5 paragraphs of evidence for strength 1, 4-5 for strength 2 etc.)
  2. Automatically paste all text strings tagged as strength 1 under the headline for strength 1 in the synthesis section etc. (each separate instance of tagged data needs to be pasted as a separate bullet point)

It would be great if I can keep a dynamic link between the text in both places so I don't have to edit twice. With my limited VBA knowledge, I imagine the solution could look like 10 "strength" buttons and 6 "risk" buttons in the QAT so I can select some text and click on one of these buttons to tag it.