View Single Post

Old 10-13-2015, 09:27 AM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgp1689 View Post
I need to adjust the header spacing from the top of my document's pages to 0.49" from its current 0.35". The problem, though, is that I cannot have the page content change at all
That 'at all' stipulation is unrealistic. If you increase the space for the header, everything else has to give.
Quote:
text cannot be be pushed to a subsequent page once the change is applied to the document.
You can achieve that much by adjusting the footer and/or bottom margin.
Quote:
I tried shortening the bottom margin by the same amount (0.14") that is added to the header space but page content still shifts.
Yes, it will shift - by the 0.14". However, because Word uses data from the active printer to determine the page layout, that could still change the pagination, so you might need to adjust the bottom margin heuristically by a different amount.