View Single Post

Old 10-08-2015, 05:51 PM
jrhlavac jrhlavac is offline Windows 10 Office 2010 32bit
Novice

jrhlavac is on a distinguished road
Default Capitalize one to two words if they are the only words on a line

Quick question. My process of reformatting pasted documents from various formats (PDF,Outlook/HTML,etc.) has been quite the headache. My macro is getting to be pretty impressive in its power, however I was wondering if any knowledgeable VB coders could advise on this last headache...

I'm dealing with Resumes, and after stripping the formatting, I like to capitalize headers for each section in plain text.

Ie

Name
Address
Phone
Email

SUMMARY
xxx

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
xxx

EDUCATION
xxx

Is there a macro that can be intelligent enough to only capitalize say, Education, in the instance that it is the only word on the line consisting of A-Z characters? I say A-Z because sometimes strange space characters get through from time to time in front of the word...

What about a Macro that erases any character that is not A-Z or 0-9 from the start of a line?

And finally, is it possible to make the instances of "Professional Experience", "professional experience", "experience" or "work history" into "PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE", only if each example is the only word or pair of words on that given line? I.E., not capitalizing the word experience if it appears in the body of a paragraph elsewhere.

Thanks for the wisdom. I know I ask a lot, but I have faith someone might already have a few tricks for me!