Thread: [Solved] Generating a Letter
View Single Post

Old 09-28-2015, 09:46 PM
Shanna86 Shanna86 is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2013
Novice

Shanna86 is on a distinguished road

I was just misunderstanding the last bit about the module, so that fixed the problem, thank you! I've been doing more reading and testing and have some additional questions.

Do you know if userforms don't apply to document headers? In the past if I used an old letter as a template for a new one, I would use "find and replace" to swap names, which included the recipient's name in the header. When I fill in my form with the name and other relevant info, the name shows up perfectly throughout the document except in the header. Is there a way to fix that?

Also, does anyone know of some good tutorials on check boxes and inserting information by checking a box? I read through a few guides already but they're either not what I'm looking to do or way over my head.

I'd like to have a second form where I can check which "flavor" the letter recipient has chosen. I could do autocorrect and just have a nickname to insert information on each flavor but there's like 20 so it's not practical. The guide on "select file" was sort of what I was looking for but I wasn't following the autotext section. I was getting the impression the checkbox was in the actual document text but I was aiming for a separate window where I can check the needed flavor and the correct text will be inserted where I tell it to go.

Where I think I'm stuck is how to connect the checkbox to a particular autotext entry and getting it to be inserted at a specified place in the document. I'm 100% new to this and I'm sure it's just a matter of understanding the coding but I'm not there yet.

Last edited by Shanna86; 09-28-2015 at 09:48 PM. Reason: clarification