View Single Post

Old 06-30-2010, 07:47 AM
sedain121 sedain121 is offline Windows Vista Office 2007
Novice

sedain121 is on a distinguished road
Default Saving INDV mail merges During the mail merge

I am trying to mail merge an access database and everything works fine. Only i dont want to print the list, I want to save each recipiant individually so I can email the file with the info filled out instead of the fields.

So I started saving the individual filled out files but when I go to open the file it asks me where the database is even though the data is already filled out.

I want to be able to mail merge the info onto the file then save the files individually so someone else can open them with out the database prompt.

Now I found a fix to this by opening the saved file on its own and then resaving it with a different name as a word file again. This seems to get rid of the database prompt to fill in the fields again and makes it a single file filled out ready to email.

My problem is when I save these files during the mail merge as word files they still retain the database prompt until i go in each one, after i saved them through the mail merge, and resave them as word file again with a different name.

How can I only save them once during the mail merge? I am clicking save as and specifying the word document choice.

Thanks