View Single Post

Old 09-05-2015, 07:18 AM
Deeper Deeper is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

Deeper is on a distinguished road
Default newb - need help automating catalogue production

hi, sorry I'm new, been searching for 4 hours.

i need to produce a catalogue for an auction. the software i use can export four fields of information (lot number, description, estimated price, and a picture of the object) for each of up to 500 lots. i can export this information in various formats EG: Excell 97-2003 or Rich Text Format or several others.
when i open those exported files the fields are arranged in a simple row from left to right for each auction lot and a new row for each lot. Thats not how i want the catalogue laid out.
Is it possible for me to define a specific layout for the information and have Office open the exported file and automatically display it according to my definition. (I'm not sure if I'm asking the right question)

I'm not sure which would be the best piece of software to do this?

i will want it to look like this

photo_00001.jpg

your advice would be much appreciated i've spent a about 4 hour reading and searching for the best way to do this and some of the terminology is quite opaque to me. it seems like something that should be easy but as i look into it it is seeming more involved than i had imagined. how should i go about my task? speaking roughly or in detail.
thanks for any help