View Single Post

Old 08-17-2015, 10:14 AM
Black Kat Black Kat is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

Black Kat is on a distinguished road
Red face

Apologies not sure why I didn't fill in all the info as I honestly know better!!.

I meant the problem is with both those accounts - one each of POP3 (Virgin) & IMAP (GMail). They both 'withhold' mail from the PC into Outlook 2013, if the mail is downloaded on other devices, whether or not it actually is read (if that makes sense?).

And then when I fire up Outlook invariably it only downloads some mail but not all. If I view the mail on either server it shows as having been read when I haven't read it but when it will have automatically downloaded to the phone or Kindle (but not the PC).

Currently it just leaves me having to remember to check out the server mail daily as well just in case Ive missed something as has happened too many times in the past few months.

I've used Outlook for my mail for years now & have never had this particular problem despite having my email set up exactly the same way each time (I've 9 accounts but it's only these 2 which use similar mail programs where I've had the problem).

Hopefully that helps clarify slightly without adding further confusion as I'm prone to do!!

Thanks.