View Single Post

Old 08-15-2015, 04:22 PM
Gary Tayman Gary Tayman is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2007
Novice

Gary Tayman is on a distinguished road
Default Can't save a Sharepoint document in Windows 10

I hate to say this but I'm REALLY getting fed up!

I started using Windows 10 as an Insider since March, on two laptops. Aside from sound, which I worked around, everything was cool. With the rollout I installed Win10 on my main business desktop and have had nothing but major issues, one after another. Microsoft Money is toast -- lost all my business banking records -- gee, thanks! NOW, I just wanted to make a quick change to my website, and now THAT is totally screwed up! GOOD GRIEF!!!

Yes, I called up my Index page into SharePoint to make a small change. When I went to save it, it locked up, saying it cannot save this document because I need administrator permission. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR!!!!!!

I tried and tried and tried and tried. I went to the folder and removed "Write only." No change. I don't know what else to change. I finally saved the file on another drive, then later moved the file to the proper folder. I uploaded, and voila! New web page, with all the pictures and graphics gone! I wasted an entire evening trying in vain to fix what should have only taken less than five minutes. I never did fix it. My website is now a total loss!

HOW IN THE SAM HILL DO I SAVE MY WEB PAGE??????????????

HELP!!!