View Single Post

Old 08-13-2015, 01:20 PM
epsulliv epsulliv is offline Mac OS X Office for Mac 2011
Novice

epsulliv is on a distinguished road
Angry Importing Data from Excel - Format of table messed up in Word Table

I have an .xls file that contains 3 long columns of data - "Item #" , "Description", and "Quick Ship". The goal is to take this data and insert into an already formatted Word table.

So, I select all the data in the Word table, and I paste special (Unformatted text is the only option that will work, the others lock and freeze up) the data from excel.

Everything looks fine, until I scroll down and notice the formatting (see picture) is wonky for a few of the rows throughout. The picture shows two pages, the first is exactly how I wish everything to look, and the second shows the formatting issue. Any idea how to fix that? It is driving me nuts!

Update: I noticed the issue was occurring with the rows of data that did not contain any description, so in Excel I painfully scrolled through that column of data and filled in "No Description" in the blank cells. I recopied the updated data but the issue was still there, only this time, like in the picture, the description cell was filled in just off kilt from the rest of the table.