View Single Post

Old 08-12-2015, 10:37 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 8 Office 2013

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Note that QAT modifications can be saved in templates or documents. So you can save them in document (as well as global) templates.

You might actually have to bite the bullet and get into XML rlibbon modification.
Modifying the QAT and Ribbon in Microsoft Word
That would let you develop ribbon groups and even menus for your macros. It is a steep learning curve if you haven't done XML before but as Greg Maxey says: Customize the Ribbon (It doesn't take rocket science).

Again, for many good reasons, keep your customizations out of the normal template.
I store a lot of resources in my normal template, but they are backed up. However, anything that I want to be able to share or put on multiple computers goes into one or more different templates.