View Single Post

Old 06-18-2010, 09:31 AM
mikej09 mikej09 is offline Windows 7 Office 2007
Novice

mikej09 is on a distinguished road
Default Setting up IMAP, question about keeping emails! organization, etc.

For my small business, I set up outlook 2007 soon to be 2010, to Imap for my emails.

I love using Imap because I can use my phone or computer or laptop to check and once i check an email. I don't have to recheck it.

my question is this, is there a way to save the messages to my computer and not the server. my computer has to update the cache every time of 2000 + and growing messages and it causes a lot of headaches and freezes.

is there a better way to organize my emails to where Imap runs smoother, is the 64bit version of 2010 any better? does it actually utilize more of the system?

I just want to be able to keep doing what i am doing and check my email from anywhere, but I want to be able to keep my read files on my main computer/desktop and have them NOT sync with the server.

& another problem, archive is not working at all, it runs but the files/emailsa aren't being archived? is this a known problem, i made sure the folder i want to archive wasn't set to "don't archive" and all the settings are correct.

And if there is a better way to use PoP, that i don't know about, to where once a message is read then it shows across all devices/computer, this would be great, but that isn't possible is it?