View Single Post

Old 08-03-2015, 02:19 PM
jwalke123 jwalke123 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

jwalke123 is on a distinguished road
Default best approach to combine documents being created by multiple users

Hi there i have been tasked with setting up a report that is going to be created by several users.

I was looking for the best approach.

i would like a way that each team can work on there own Reports in one word document. Then this documents can be pullled together into one Master document

Also i would like to know what the best workflow is for updating this indivudal sections into the master document. I think each team is going to be constantly changing there sections . So an easy way of having this data pulled in Automatically would be great.

My boss would like to each teams report to be accessed via sharepoint . i was wondering if this might cause limations or restrictions

From the intial research i have done.

I have watched a couple of videos on youtube related to Heading Formatting and table of contents , inserting figures and legends, i found the two videos here particular helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G7lr_7qqkc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te8bw_6lar0

This seems to be a relatively easy process , if you were just working with one document but with having several and merging them will this cause issues.

If i were to set up headers and sections and subsection within the individual reports. Will this be retained once i merge the documents

Will have set in stone the section numbers each team reports relate to

Team 1 = Section 1
team 2 = Setion 2
Team 3 = Section 3

Or can i build just a number related to the sections and then the update will happen automatically when the documents are mergered

Team 1 = Section 1
Team 2 = Section 1
Team 3 = Section 1

ideally i am looking for the best practice , that will update headers and figure number within headers and keep a consistant table of contents and table of figures

Any examples of good practices or workflows would be msot welcome
Thank you for your time