View Single Post

Old 06-15-2010, 06:13 PM
alphabravo alphabravo is offline Mac OS X Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac
Novice

alphabravo is on a distinguished road
Default Need to keep pages intact for a book style doc

I'm going to try my best to explain what I am trying to do, I hope it makes sense!

I am trying to compile notes into a sort of reference book for my own use. I would like each subject to have its own pages, so no two subjects share a page. Basically, I want it to be like a book, and be separated the way each chapter would be separated. The way I am doing it now, I have all of my notes in a word document, and I space down to get each subject to start on the next page. This works fine for the most part, until I need to come back and edit a section. When I add or delete notes, all of the sections in the next pages get moved and I have to go through every time and space them back down so that it comes out neatly when I print it.

Is there a way to add a page break that forces each section to start on a new page even if the sections below it are modified? I hope that makes sense, I would really appreciate any help I can get!

By the way, I don't need to do this in Word, it's jut what I'm using now and I figured there might be a way. I am open to suggestions of other word processing apps.

Thanks!
AB