View Single Post

Old 07-20-2015, 12:16 AM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Donna,
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
So, I've processed about 10 of the reports with the macro and then queried the imported text file (which is AWESOME) in Access. I have around 45 search terms in the Access query but I'm only getting hits on about 2% of the names so I'm wondering if it would be better/possible to search what the macro extracts?

When you helped me with this: https://www.msofficeforums.com/word-...xtensions.html, the macro used a spreadsheet to search and replace which I think could be applied here? How would I build wildcards in to that? For example, if I want to search for "* MD*", so a space plus "MD", with wildcards at either end but outside the space that precedes the "M".
I think you meant this thread: https://www.msofficeforums.com/word-...cel-range.html

In that macro, you'd change:
.MatchCase = True
.MatchWholeWord = True
to:
.MatchWildcards = True
Naturally, you'd need a workbook with valid wildcard Find/Replace expressions, too.
Quote:
There are only 5 parameters in Access that need a wildcard then a space then the word to be searched and then another wildcard. Maybe I could have Word use an Excel spreadsheet for concrete search words and then still use Access for the 5 different ones? Throwing ideas out, not sure what the best approach is...
I can't really give any advice on what you'd need for Access, as I have no practical experience with that application.
Quote:
This is what is working for me right now, I changed the second curly bracket to "12
Given what you said earlier, about the dates, you should probably have changed:
.Text = "<[0-9]{7,9}[ ]{3}[!^13]{1,}"
to:
.Text = "<[0-9]{10,12} [!^13]{1,}"