View Single Post

Old 06-14-2010, 07:28 AM
Brandi Brandi is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

Brandi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
The (ABC Merge button) doesn't complete the merge, it only lets you see what it would look like merged.

Re toolbar button: In the Customize dialog box, Commands tab, select Macro... near the bottom of Categories list. After you add it to a toolbar, you can use the Modify button to make it look better.

Your macro to create the doc from a dot looks good.

So are you saying that it is not possible to automate the merge step so that the user of the template sees the document without the field codes?
I am getting a "requested object is not available" message when I execute my macro included below.

Sub Petition()
'
' Petition Macro
' Macro recorded 6/14/2010
'
Documents.Add Template:= _
"C:\Bergemann\Forfeiture\WordMailMerge\Petition.do t", NewTemplate:=False, _
DocumentType:=0
ActiveDocument.MailMerge.ViewMailMergeFieldCodes = wdToggle
End Sub

If I perform the exact same steps while not recording a macro, my template opens up a new document as expected and the merge data button is available. If I record these exact same steps, I get the "requested object is not available" debug on the last statement of my code (ActiveDocument.MailMerge.ViewMailMergeFieldCodes = wdToggle) which should merge the data into the document. The merge button is greyed out and not available to do manually either when I run my macro.

Thanks.
Brandi