View Single Post

Old 07-15-2015, 09:37 PM
tigerdg tigerdg is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

tigerdg is on a distinguished road
Default New e-mail Account Won't Sych with Outlook.pst file

Yesterday, my Outlook (2010) stopped retrieving e-mail from the Comcast server. When I tried to fix it today, it still wouldn't work. All the settings were correct, but it wouldn't retrieve my e-mail. I deleted the account and recreated it. Now, Outlook points to a new .pst file instead of my old Outlook.pst file, named myemail@comcast.net.pst. To make matters worse, it doesn't delete the mail off the server. Before, when I would open Outlook, it would download new message to my Inbox and delete them off the server. The new messages would stay permanently in my Outlook inbox. No more. Now if I manually delete one through my Internet browser, it also deletes it out of my Outlook Inbox. It’s as though the new account is just a window to the Comcast e-mail server. I tried changing the Root Folder Path on the Advanced tab of the e-mail account settings to point to the location of my Outlook.pst folder, but that made no difference. I also tried deleting a recent Microsoft update (KB3054976), but this did not help, either. This is a complete disaster for me, as I can't even send e-mail now, except through the server. Any help will be greatly appreciated. The attached picture shows where my e-mail is going now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Outlook1.jpg (58.4 KB, 16 views)