View Single Post

Old 07-06-2015, 03:44 AM
gpr gpr is offline Windows 8 Office 2010 64bit
Novice

gpr is on a distinguished road
Default Troubles with object position and size

Hi everyone. I am a Mathematics researcher and teacher from Italy (so, forgive my errors writing in English).
I have been using Microsoft Word since many years (I began in 90's with version 2.0), and I used it especially to write teaching materials for my students (so, how you can imagine, I often insert in my writings mathematical formulas, graphs, and so on). Now I am carrying on a very challenging project (i.e. a new book of Mathematical Analysis), and I would like of course ti obtain a very good graphic.
Recently, I ran into some problems for what concerns positioning of objects (i.e. text boxes contaning graphs, or drawings made directly in Word and then grouped). I would like to put objects in an exact position, but I see that adding or deleting some words make the object assume a different position. I think that the problem is the "anchorage" of the object to text, but I don't know how to solve the problem.

Another strange problem that I detected is a kind of "authomatic resize" of objects. I use of course very often Equation Editor to write formulas; well, when I open a recently saved document, I find that many equations have changed their size. For example, 107% in height and 102% in width (sometimes sizes are reduced). First I thought that it was an error of mine, but now I am sure that Word resizes objects. Can someone explain me why that happens? Note that I only sometimes use the grid, so I think that this is not the cause of this problem. Is there somewhere an option like "resize objects to fit in page" or something similar that I must disable?

Thank you very much for attention. I hope that some skilful user may help an Italian teacher in troubles!

Looking forward an answer.

Gino (Roma - Italy)