View Single Post

Old 06-10-2010, 07:29 AM
DeMarcos DeMarcos is offline Windows 7 Office 2007
Novice

DeMarcos is on a distinguished road
Default Address Book migration problem...

I recently bought a new Windows 7 PC for a client and migrated her over to it from a Windows XP machine. After installing applications and drivers, I used the Windows 7 “Easy Transfer Wizard” to slide the rest of her settings and files over. It did a “fair” job. Since the fundamental system, documents and settings folders are arranged differently in Windows 7, numerous shortcuts (or “stubs” as I like to call them) were placed on the new hard drive. This produced a lot of clutter and mess that would take hours to clean up.

I’m disappointed because I wanted a “clean” and accurate transfer of files and settings over to the new unit. However, this was not my biggest problem. That was left to a problem I’m having with the Microsoft Outlook 2007 Address Book and thus the reason for this posting. I’ve tried everything I can to get the correctly populated “Contacts” folder to show up in the Address Book for the Outlook email system. It says, “To designate a Contacts folder as an Outlook Address Book, go to the Properties dialog box of the Contacts folder. On the Outlook Address Book tab, select the “Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book” check box.” However, it is grayed out and won’t let me put a check in the box. Interestingly enough, when composing a new email in Outlook you can start typing a name or address and it will offer to fill in the rest. But if you click on the “To:” button it will not show any addresses nor can one search for an address.

What do I need to do to fix this problem?