View Single Post

Old 06-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Abacus1234 Abacus1234 is offline Windows Vista Office 2010 32bit
Novice

Abacus1234 is on a distinguished road

Hi Paul,
I'm late getting back on this post. I had a database meltdown, and had to spend several days getting back to where I was.

I will take some time to try to understand your suggestions. I have two problems I would like to solve.

1. combining 5 documents that run as single pages, because they have so much data that I have to have 5 queries.

I have an access database, the vba code that does the mailmerge, looks at an access table that has the name of a document, and a field containing the name of the query that the document relies on to perform the mailmerge. The documents to be merged and printed are checked off by the user, and the code takes each document, merges it, and prints it until all documents are printed. Or I can take a single document, merge it to the screen, and make changes before printing. This is why I tend to think a little more vba code, and I could combine the 5 one page documents into a single document, which the user could then email as one which would be more professional for them.

2. I have (I hope this is the right terminology) a multi-record table, that I now have as a report. From the user perspective this needs to be one of the pages in the 5-page document, but I don't know how to reproduce the data in a document. I understand that I should be able to do this through the ?"directory"? mailmerge functionality, but I haven't yet been able to get to a point where I can grasp what the tutorial is telling me. Yet another area to continue to research.

Thanks again for the suggestions. Lots of homework for me to do.