View Single Post

Old 06-17-2015, 10:23 AM
Gerardo G Gerardo G is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

Gerardo G is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk View Post
Hello,

I'm doing a document with dropdown menus, and I'd like to insert a color code for easy reading.
These dropdows are in a table, so ideally, the the color would apply to the cell background.
The document doesn't need to be protected.

For instance, I've a dropdown named "Material" in a cell of a tab, with two entries: "mat1" and "mat2".
I would like to color the cell background in light blue when "mat1" is selected, and in light green when "mat2" is selected.

I found this:
http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=67444
But I don't manage to use it, I get an error run-time '5941' the requested member of the collection does not exist.
The problematic line is:
Select Case ActiveDocument.FormFields("ColorPicker").Result
I replaced "ColorPicker" by the name of my dropdown, I put my dropdown in a bookmark with the same name...

If it works, we would save time and probably avoid mistakes!
Hi guys, I´m creating a template for a Weekly status report, so I need to:

-Use check box for each name ( meeting attendance) and if box checked automatically trigger text format to green (representing attendees) and if not checked format set to yellow.

-Use content control drop down list and edit each field with different formatting when selected.

-Insert a field to calculate operations (representing % of project status) and then maybe trigger 3 different status icon/figure depending on % of project completed. red ligh (0 -30), yellow (31 - 80) and green (81 - 100)

Please I would appreciate a lot your help. thanks

This is the doc, I'm trying to edit with the conditions I posted as quick reply, again I'd appreciate your help for this, I've tried without succes.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: docm Status_Report_EES_20150615_New_Template 22.docm (297.0 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by macropod; 06-18-2015 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Split from: http://www.msofficeforums.com/word-vba/16505-change-color-according-dropdown-selection.html