View Single Post

Old 06-12-2015, 02:20 AM
RyanHarper RyanHarper is offline Windows 7 32bit Office 2010 32bit
Novice

RyanHarper is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Creating AutoFill form - AutoFill information depending on a selection.

Hi,
I have joined this forum primarily to get a solution to my problem at the moment. But will stay on for future help and guidance as and when it is needed. So hello and thanks in advance for taking the time out to hopefully help me out.

I am currently in the middle of designing a word document with autofill functions. However it is not that easy as I would like to autofill pretty much the entire document depending on a few variables.

Back Story:
The document I am currently designing is a Risk Assessment for working on site. There are a few variables which I want to effect what information is inserted in various sections of the document using the auto fill function.

I would like to insert an auto function to insert the information in my chosen places but cannot use the simple auto fill as this (as far as im aware) will only allow you to insert one piece of information per autofill field.

What I want to do is be able to select a number variables from drop down menu's which instructs the auto fill function what I would like 'autofilling'.

Using one example for ease of understanding:

Variable: [Machine Lay] or [Hand Lay]

So selecting one of the above variables will link that variable to autofill information and insert it in the required areas of the document.

Selecting [Machine Lay] will insert pre determined information in various sections of the document such as Plant Required, Method Statement etc. and selecting [Hand Lay] will insert different pre determined information in the same sections.

I hope I have explained it in a way you can understand.

Many thanks in advance